Footwear plays a crucial role in the safety and performance of roofers. While it may seem like just a pair of boots, the right features can drastically improve traction, provide crucial protection, and enhance comfort for those long hours on the job. But what exactly should you look for? Here at Kiwi Roof Masters, we’ve put together a list of 15 must-have features in high-quality roofing boots.
- Superior Traction: The outsole should provide excellent grip to prevent slips and falls on steep and slippery surfaces.
- Durability: Roofing is demanding work, and your boots should be up to the task. Look for boots made from durable materials that can withstand the test of time.
- Comfort: Features like padded collars, cushioned footbeds, and ergonomic designs can enhance comfort, reducing foot fatigue during long working hours.
- Waterproof: Roof work can’t always wait for a sunny day. Waterproof boots will keep your feet dry in wet weather conditions.
- Breathability: Breathable materials can prevent excessive sweating, keeping your feet comfortable and odour-free.
- Protective Toe: Whether it’s a steel toe or a composite toe, protective toe boots can safeguard your feet from falling objects and accidents.
- Slip-Resistant: In addition to overall traction, look for outsoles specifically designed to resist slipping on oily or wet surfaces.
- Heat Resistance: Roofing in hot weather can make surfaces extremely hot. Heat-resistant outsoles won’t degrade in high temperatures.
- Lightweight: Heavier boots can increase leg fatigue. Look for boots that offer all the necessary features without unnecessary weight.
- Ankle Support: High-top designs and supportive ankle padding can provide added stability and help prevent injuries.
- Electrical Hazard Protection: If your work may involve electrical hazards, choose boots rated to provide protection against electrical shocks.
- Good Fit: No matter how good the boots are, they won’t do their job if they don’t fit well. Look for adjustable features for a personalized fit.
- Quality Laces: Laces that fray or break easily can be a safety hazard. High-quality laces ensure your boots stay secure on your feet.
- Easy to Put On/Take Off: Features like pull-on loops can make getting your boots on and off easier, a small but significant feature at the beginning and end of a long workday.
- ASTM Certification: This certification ensures your boots meet rigorous standards for performance and safety.
Remember, the best roofing gloves, boots will not only keep you comfortable but also safe on the job. At Kiwi Roof Masters, we value the safety and comfort of all roofing professionals. For all your roofing needs, don’t hesitate to contact us today.